AN INTERACTIVE 3D CONNECTOR BETWEEN ADAM AUTHOR AND CATIA COMPOSER
A module for creating documentary content has been developed thanks to the strategic partnership between 4Dconcept and Dassault Systèmes, using 3D data from a digital mock-up. This connector couples solutions of ADAM Author and CATIA COMPOSER (DS).
It is used for the simultaneous authoring of text and graphical content (2D/3D) of technical documentation (procedures, descriptions, catalogs). This connector between ADAM Author and CATIA COMPOSER establishes digital continuity between the source data from the Engineering & Design department and an excellent quality 3D deliverable.
A NEW WAY OF AUTHORING
This new, innovative process helps you save time: authoring begins with 3D from which part or all of the procedure is generated. The risk of error is therefore reduced, as the source data is handled directly and there is no going backwards and forwards from one system to another.
The authoring process has been reinvented: you only need one author compared to the current process which more often than not requires several different contributors (a planner, an author, a layout artist and an illustrator).
- Creation of 3D animation sequences using Catia Composer’s Animation Library workshop,
- Generation of the XML step automatically associated with each animation sequence in ADAM Author,
- Automatic retrieval of the name of animated elements, using metadata, in Catia Composer,
- Configuration of animation sequences and text generated by a configuration file in order to be as close to the clients’ methods as possible,
- End-users can add to the procedure at their leisure in ADAM AUTHOR by benefiting from all of its features,
- A 2D illustration can be generated at each stage using CATIA COMPOSER’s Technical Illustration workshop (illustrations are automatically imported and declared in ADAM AUTHOR),
- A 3D illustration can be synchronized with ADAM Author (the links are generated using the captions of the graphics).