ATA2300 training course for technical authors
The ATA2300 e-business specification makes it possible to meet the production needs of operating manuals and other documents intended in particular for pilots and aircraft crews. It is the result of standardization work carried out jointly by the association of European aerospace and defense industries (ASD) and the American air transport association (ATA). As such, it implements many concepts of the S1000D standard.
This practical training aims to deepen the methods and rules of the specification in order to ensure that the technical writer can apply it to his projects.
All of our training can be held face-to-face or remotely.
Technical writers, documentation managers, anyone producing documents using the ATA2300 standard.
Our training can be held in-person or remotely.
In 2020, we adapted all our courses to the constraints of distance learning. It is now possible for you to benefit from all our expertise from anywhere, without traveling or seeing us.
At the end of the course, you will have acquired the basics of the standard such as:
Structured documentation process from XML writing to publication consultation
ATA2300 Specification Concepts and Data
Key steps in managing an ATA2300 documentary project
And you will know concretely:
Analyze the coding of ATA2300 objects: DMC, ICN, PMC, DDN
Analyze and write a Publication Module (PM) and Data Modules of type « Abnormal Proc », « Normal Proc, « System description », « Annunciation » and « Limitation »
Implement a DMRL to start an ATA2300 project
- Traditional documentation
- Structured documentation
- Principle of XML
2. Foundation of ATA2300
- Presentation of ATA2300
3. A response to OPS business requirements
- Standardized and shared data model
- Example of implementation
4. A structured data model
- Modular documentation for S1000D
- Flight Operations Markup Language
5. How the ATA2300 standard works
6. Management by documentation units
- Data Modules
- High-context typology
- Structured identification: SNS, DM Code, Language, Issue, Extended DM
- Type of media
- 2D Graphics and hotspots
- Structured identification: ICN
- Publication Modules
- Assembly for publication Reference DM, Group DM
- Structured identification: PM Code, Language, Issue, Extended PM
7. Documentation units specific to the OPS profession
- Descriptive DM
- Procedural DM
- Performance DM
- Limitation DM
- Approval DM
- Dispatch DM
- Revision cycle
- Approval cycle
- Applicability on the S1000D model
- Container & Alternate DM model
- PCT, CCT & ACT applicability model
- Information Repository
9. Implementation of the ATA 2300 standard
The practical work is combined with theoretical presentation to allow the trainees to model the subjects in question. One day is given over to the implementation (management, editing and publication) of flight documentation.
- Creation and codification of Data Modules
- Declaration of illustrations
- Writing Data Modules
- Validation of Data Modules
- Publishing Data Modules